Hello, you wonderful talented person, you! Hopefully your holidays were as fantastic as you are and that you are feeling ready for an even better 2017!
One year ago, I opened up WordPress and set up this blog. I had done several blogs in the past, but I felt that it was time for a fresh start. I had no idea what I really wanted to do at that time, but I was in the process of starting a new phase in my life. I had just moved out on my own and was about to start my music degree at university. Things were changing dramatically for me, and I can say now that I have grown and changed in a lot of ways since I wrote my first post here. So, Happy Anniversary to this small corner of the internet that I am proud to call my own! 🙂
The beginning of a new year is always a dramatic and somewhat life-changing time of the year. Everyone makes resolutions and goes forward thinking that they can do anything. For me personally, I enjoy the goal-setting and the fresh start. It is so satisfying to me. When 2016 started, I did not really make any concrete goals – I had more of a general goal to survive my first year of solo adult life. And while it has certainly had its ups and downs, I think I can say that I succeeded rather than simply survived this past year.
This year, I have set a few goals for myself. Considering that I am starting completely over in the employment area, and have given myself quite a full class load for the upcoming semester, some things will be different than last year and some things will be similar.
With no fanfare or crazy excitement, here are the goals I have set for 2017:
- Become more productive in the mornings.
- Begin to become involved in my church.
- Assuming that I stay in school, pass all of my class with As and Bs.
- Journal daily in some fashion (bullet journaling is my favorite right now).
- Take better care of myself through diet and exercise.
- Speak more joy and positivity into my life.
And in that train of thought, I went ahead and made a short list of things that I want to finish/start/work on in January.
- Start the spring semester feeling prepared and ready to attack it head on.
- Find some sort of work to pay my way through this year.
- Update the look of this blog and outline content for the next few months.
- Attend church 1-3 times per week.
- Diet: eat 2 meals a day, no corn or corn byproducts.
- Exercise: go for a walk daily.
Although I know that this is a rather boring and predictable post, sometimes I am boring and predictable. But if the premiere episode of Sherlock’s fourth season was anything to go by, 2017 is going to be very colorful indeed. We are in for more than our share of adventures!
Did you make any New Year’s resolutions? Comment and tell me how you feel about this time of year?